It’s that time of year again…time to make your New Year’s Resolutions! (And hopefully this time, you’ll keep ’em!) Here are 5 resolutions we’re making to Save the Bay in 2012…won’t you join us?
- Write your representatives and tell them how important the Bay pollution limits are to ensuring we and future generations have clean water!
- Use less fertilizer on your lawn and garden and learn about CBF’s eight steps to ensuring a healthy, beautiful, Bay-friendly yard. Take the Gardeners for the Bay pledge.
- Upgrade your septic system to reduce the amount of nitrogen pollution leaking into the Bay. Better yet, live somewhere where you’re connected to a sewer system instead of a septic system. (Did you know the average home on a septic system produces 10 times the amount of pollution than a home on a quarter acre lot connected to the sewer system?! Ten times! Yikes!)
- Get in shape! Bike more, drive less. Take the Cyclist for the Bay pledge.
- Last, but not least, become a CBF member, if you have not done so already! Join an important group of individuals dedicated to restoring the health and productivity of our national treasure, the Chesapeake Bay.