Tomorrow morning, thousands of workers across the country will hop on their bikes for Bike to Work Day! Now in its 56th year (can you believe it?!), this annual League of American Bicyclists’ event brings together all sorts of folks to celebrate a healthier, more sustainable way of life. To get you in the spirit for this national holiday, take a look at how last year’s event went down in Annapolis, and learn why biking is so much better for our waters and Bay. Also, check out our tips below for how to make this day a happy and safe one!
Here are some tips for your riding experience:
- Ride like you drive (safely and cautiously…we hope!)
- Don’t worry about how fast you ride (remember the story of the Tortoise and the Hare?)
- You don’t have to dress or look like Lance Armstrong in order to participate…just have fun!
- Don’t forget your water, helmet…and a bike buddy!
- Last but not least, take the pledge! Become a Cyclist for the Bay and help us save a national treasure!