Here's Farmer Carrie making a call from the field recently. Ever wonder how these weekly share emails get put together? Carrie texts us notes about the harvest directly from the field, so we can get the info to you as up-to-date as possible. Thanks, Carrie! Want to see your photos featured in this weekly email? Just snap a pic -- from the farm, from your CSA share itself, or even a recipe you make with your Clagett produce -- and either email it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
Hope you're all having a nice week so far. Here's what you need to know this week!
Eat at Chipotle tomorrrow: Half of tomorrow's proceeds will go to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation, which of course runs Clagett Farm. This special fundraiser applies to any Chipotle in the Chesapeake Bay watershed. So go have a burrito and help save the Bay!
The spring Clagett Farm Grass-fed Beef sale is still going on! Here's all the details -- including information on pricing and cuts.
Additionally, 1-lb. packages of Clagett ground beef are for sale now at the farm, for $10/lb. We should continue having beef for sale by the piece during the weekly pick-ups throughout the season.
WHAT'S IN THIS WEEK'S SHARE?
- 3 1/4 pounds total combination squash + Napa cabbage*
- 3/4 pound greens (kale + collards + lettuce + chard)
- 3/4 pound total combination fennel + bunching onions + turnips
- As many garlic scapes as you want!**
* Here's some recipes for Napa cabbage, also known as Chinese cabbage. These are from back in the 2010 season, but they're still mighty tasty.
** And here are a couple good recipes that utilize garlic scapes:
ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- Lots of herbs: garlic chives, thyme, oregano, sage, sorrel, onion chives, cilantro, dill, basil, celery leaf
- Genovese, Tulsi, Thai, Mrs. Burns Lemon, Round Midnight, Fino Verde. No, those aren't the contestants on the next season of "RuPaul's Drag Race." They're all different types of basil. And they're all available for you to pick as much as you want.
That's it for the week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team