Burgers & Brews for the Bay is this Sunday, Oct. 21!
Come out to the farm for an afternoon of hay rides, crafts, bluegrass and other family fun. Oh yeah, and 7 different food stations manned by some of the top chefs in the area, plus 7 different regional beers. Here's a sneak peak at the menu.
The weather looks beautiful and crisp -- the perfect way to spend an autumn Sunday afternoon!
So buy your tickets now!
Proceeds go to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's efforts to defend and protect the Bay.
Worried about vampires this Halloween season? Garlic is for sale at the farm pickup for $5 a pound. (Also, since a few of you have asked, we also have larger garlic, which we set aside to use as garlic seed, available for $12 a pound.)
End-of-the-season: Just a friendly reminder that we're winding down the 2018 produce season. The final CSA pickup days will be Nov. 7 and 10.
WHAT'S IN THIS WEEK'S SHARE?
- 1 head garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds sweet potatoes (from our friend Mike Protas at One Acre Farm. Note: We're leaving them mostly unwashed because they store better that way. Be sure to wash them thoroughly before you eat!)
- 1 1/4 pounds total combination cabbage + acorn squash
- 1/4 pound total combination salad greens (including spicy mix, tat soi and Tokyo bekana) + kale
- 1 pound total combination peppers + collard greens
- 3/4 pound turnips
- 1 3/4 pounds eggplant
ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- Lots of herbs: basil, thyme, oregano, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, cilantro, basil, lemongrass, lemon balm, malabar (a spinach susbtitute), mint
- Flowers: As always, any flowers on the farm can be picked.
That's it for the week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team