This week's photo was sent in from farmer Carrie, showing a monarch caterpillar munching on some of the farm's milkweek. Get your photo featured here by emailing it to us or by using the hashtag #ClagettFarm if you share your photos on Instagram!
We have two fall events that are coming up at the farm. We'll share more details soon, but for now, know that the Chesapeake Bay Foundation will host a Burgers & Brew event on October 4, and we will be holding a Fermenting Class on October 24 in the evening. Mark your calendars!
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
- 7 1/4 pounds total combination of:
- hot chili peppers
- corn [limit 2 ears, limited supply]
- A surprise! We will have an assortment of other crops for which we have small amounts.
WHAT'S ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- New: Swiss Chard!
- Tomatoes! There are still a lot of tomatoes available.
- Culinary Herbs: Sorrel, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, summer savory (lots!), thyme, dill seed, oregano, anise hyssop, mint, parsley, stevia (lots!), nasturtium, marjoram, and five types of basil (Thai, spice globe, opal, cinnamon, holy and lime basil) + Genovese basil in the high tunnel.
- Flowers: Check out our 2015 flower guide if you're wondering what you're picking!
- Medicinal Herbs: holy basil, echinacea, alfalfa, calendula, wormwood, and skullcap
What to Expect Coming Up in the Share:
- Fall greens will start to enter the share in the next few weeks
We're done with okra for the season due to some very hungry deer.
And have a great week!