This week's featured photo of a frittata in the works is from Instagram user mrspeppermonkey who tagged her photo #ClagettFarm. Send us your own photos of what you see at the farm or what you're cooking with your weekly share, or post them to Instagram with hashtag #ClagettFarm. We'll feature them here!
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
Reminder: Fall Festival is Saturday, September 27! Each September we hold a Fall Festival at the farm. This year, we'll do it on Saturday September 27, from 1-4PM. There will be hay rides and music, and we'll break in our new pizza oven! The event is free and open to everyone, but we might ask you to pitch in a little money for food and drink. Mark your calendars -- we hope to see you there.
Even More Photos from the Farm Dinner. Claudio sent us more photos from the farm dinner. We've published them in an album onver on Facebook!
Interested in Buying Some Local Honey? It's available for $10 for a 1-lb. jar, from one of our CSA members in Rockville. (Or, rather, from his bees.) You can purchase it at either of our pick-up locales.
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
- 1 head garlic
- 2 3/4 pounds total combination summer squash + peppers
- 5 pounds total combination tomatoes + eggplant
- 8 1/2 pounds total combination "Winter Luxury" pumpkin + spaghetti squash*
- 1/2 pound total combination string beans + baby bok choy + salad greens, including spicy mix, Tokyo bekana, arugula**
- 1/2 pounds total combination kale + collards + radishes + okra**
*Throughout the fall, all of our pumpkins and winter squash are intended for eating. They're not just ornamental, they're delicious!
**The mix of produce in these two categories may vary slightly at the different pickup locations.
What's on U-Pick:
- Peppers. New this week!
- Tomatoes. It's their last hurrah. They may even be gone by this weekend.
- Ground Cherries. Get 'em while you can! They're starting to dwindle.
- Tomatillos. Ditto.
- Kale. Plenty!
- Herbs: onion chives, sage, garlic chives (with edible flowers), savory, thyme, tarragon, lavender (but it's not flowering), parsley (small amount), oregano, sorrel, basil (7 varieties!), stevia, marjoram, anise hyssop.
- Medicinal Herbs: Passion flower leaves, echinacea flowers and leaves, wormwood, hyssop, and calendula flowers.
What You Can Expect in the Coming Weeks:
- Summer squash and eggplant are on their way out. More autumn salad greens are coming in. Expect to see potatoes within the next couple weeks. And we'll continue to add more winter squashes and pumpkins.
Questions or comments? Let us know!