This is the season for farmers to attend conferences and workshops, to hone our skills or give us new ideas. There's also some interesting workshops for gardeners and consumers. A few have passed already, but here's some coming up. If you have a budding farmer in your life, you might want to pass this along.
- Future Harvest is holding a workshop series on Wednesday evenings north of Baltimore for people who would like to start a small, commercial farm. The first one is in a week on January 28, 2015.
- The Virginia Biological Farming conference will be held in Richmond January 29-31, 2015.
- The Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture conference will be in State College, PA, February 3-7, 2015.
- Maryland Organic Food and Farming Association will hold its annual meeting February 21, 2015 in Annapolis, MD.
- And Rooting DC will hold its annual forum on February 28, 2015. Of all of the events I've mentioned, this one is the closest to most of you, and has the most information for gardeners and consumers, as opposed to farmers.
If you know of similar events that I haven't listed, note them in the comments here.
Happy winter workshops!