Christmas Trees straight from the farm!
Chesapeake Bay Foundation's Clagett Farm
11904 Old Marlboro Pike, Upper Marlboro MD 20772
10am - 2pm on the 4 weekends after Thanksgiving
Nov. 24 & 25, December 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16
or by appointment (301-627-4662) any other day.
- Locally grown, minutes outside D.C.
- Just $40 for any size!
- All sizes available
- Pesticide, herbicide and fertilizer-free (you won't find that from any other tree dealer near you)
- Served as a nesting and hiding place for birds and critters.
- A fun outing for the whole family.
- We can help cut the tree and strap it to your car.
- Boxwood wreaths for sale, as well
Trees are Scotch Pine and White Pine, which are the best type for our region.
Why Christmas trees? Clagett Farm is a hilly place--not the right spot for a lot of plowing. The hills have been heavily eroded from the years of tobacco farming before our time, which makes them a poor spot for most crops. Christmas trees are a way of keeping the hills covered in vegetation, providing insect and animal habitat, and still making some money.
As it happens, they also make a great spot for wandering around outside in the sunshine on a wintery day with your family and friends. Bring a picnic, your dog, and enjoy the fresh air.
Consider measuring your ceiling height before you come. A tree that looks small under the big, open sky suddenly looks larger inside your house!