This week's photo is from CSA member Suzanne, showing a swallowtail caterpillar on a dill plant.
Get your photo featured here by emailing it to us or by using the hashtag #ClagettFarm if you share your photos on Instagram!
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
1 head garlic
- 1 pound total combination Swiss chard + beans (1/2 pound limit) + shallots + okra + ground cherries + chiles
- 4 pounds total combination cucumbers + squash + tomatoes (1 1/2 pound limit)
WHAT'S ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- Culinary Herbs: Sorrel, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, summer savory (lots!), thyme, dill seed, oregano, anise hyssop, mint, parsley, stevia (lots!), nasturtium, marjoram, and five types of basil (Thai, spice globe, opal, cinnamon, holy and lime basil) + Genovese basil in the high tunnel.
- Flowers: Plenty in bloom all over the place, and sunflowers are just beginning to show up!
- Medicinal Herbs: holy basil, echinacea, alfalfa, colengula, wormwood, and skullcap
Next week, we expect to have:
- Swiss chard
- Some peppers
- In two weeks: more corn
Enjoy! And have a great week!