This week's photo is from Instagram user Bea_Winn, who recently volunteered at the farm. Get your photo featured here by emailing it to us or by using the hashtag #ClagettFarm if you share your photos on Instagram.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
The Dupont Pick-Up is Staying Put. We thought that we might have to find a new spot for the Dupont pick-up, but the doctor's office that hosts the pick-up notified us this week that we're good to go for this season. Thanks to all of you who shared ideas with us.
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
- 3 seedlings (lots of variety)
- 1/2 pound total combination garlic scallions plus baby hakurei turnips
- 3/4 pound total of various greens (spinach, spicy mix, collards, kale, tatsoi, arugula, baby bok choy, basil)
- 1 pint strawberries*
* If you can, please bring something to put your strawberries in -- we're running low on pint baskets!
WHAT'S ON U-PICK:
- Herbs: Sorrel, sage, cilantro, onion chives, garlic chives, summer savory, thyme, dill, oregano, anise hyssop and mint
- Flowers -- if you see flowers, they're good pick -- there are lots are in bloom right now
- Stinging Nettle -- growing all over the farm
In general, the plants in the fields are looking fantastic. The rain has been great for the farm. Here's our best guess about what you can expect in the next few weeks:
- Strawberries will likely be on u-pick next week
- We should have more of the same greens that are on offer this week, maybe with lettuces instead of spinach
- Chard and little zucchini should begin to show up soon
- Bok choy will likely leave the share after this week
- Garlic scapes will replace garlic scallions
- Peas should come in the next few weeks
- Chinese Cabbage should appear by week #4
- Kholrabi is likely about 3 weeks away from being harvested
Let us know if you have any questions!