This week's photo is from Farmer Carrie, showing her daughter & Jeannette's son (Jeannette also works at the farm) playing in the farm's new pizza oven before it got used for the first time. Have a photo to share? Send us your own photos of what you see at the farm or what you're cooking with your weekly share, or post them to Instagram with hashtag #ClagettFarm. We'll feature them here!
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
Thanks to everyone who came to the fall festival! It was a fantastic day. Special shoutout to Bill and his band for playing music and Rob for making pizza. We had nearly 200 attendees. If you snapped photos, please share them with us!
Have Some Extra Dishes Around Your House? We're still in need of dishes to be donated for the farm. If you have some, we'd love to have them. More details in this blog post.
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
- 1/4 pound mustard greens, spicy mix and arugula
- 1 pound bok choy and kale
5 pounds butternut squash + potatoes
1/4 pound okra + chiles + beets + beans
2 punds eggplant + sweet peppers + tomatoes (some ripe & some green)
1 pound turnips + radishes + garlic
What's on U-Pick:
- Kale. Putting a new bed on u-pick.
- Herbs: onion chives, sage, garlic chives (with edible flowers), savory, thyme, tarragon, lavender (but it's not flowering), parsley (small amount), oregano, sorrel, basil (7 varieties!), stevia, marjoram, anise hyssop.
- Medicinal Herbs: Passion flower leaves, echinacea flowers and leaves, wormwood, hyssop, and calendula flowers.
What You Can Expect in the Coming Weeks:
- We should have 1 o4 2 more weeks of potatoes.
- Okra should continue for a while -- it's growing like gangbusters.
Hakurei turnips and Watermelon Radishes and other varieties of these will continue for the next few weeks
- We hope to harvest some Chinese cabbage soon, but they seem to be under attack by our local deer.
- Sweet potatoes have really perked up now that they're fenced in and we're waiting until they're caught up and more substantial in size. It's a big field and they look great.
- Gold Nugget Squash are coming soon. We hope to have some leeks (a trial run crop for us this year) at some point as well.
Questions or comments? Let us know!