This week's photo is from CSA member paxmac.
First, thank you to everyone for a fantastic CSA season. We hope you are as pleased with the season as we are. We appreciate you hanging with us through the weather ups and downs, our battles with hungry critters, and potential delays due to Papal visits!
Before the season ends, we want to give a special shout out to three of our team who will be leaving for other adventures (some on farms, some not) as the season ends: Genevieve Fulco, Jeanette Proudfoot and Hannah Stocker.
We'll have a few more updates coming to you over the next few weeks (see the Announcements below), and then you'll hear from us again in January when it's time to renew!
Thank you again for being members this season. Enjoy the final share!
~ Farmer Carrie and The Clagett Farm Team
- Gleaning: The weekend before Thanksgiving (Nov. 20-22), you can come pick anything you want at the farm. Most of it will be salad greens. There will also be some sunchokes to dig. We'll provide an update closer to 11/20. Between the last share on the 14th and the gleaning that will start on 11/20, there will not be u-pick available at the farm.
- Honey and Garlic for Sale: At both pick-ups this week, we'll have honey ($10/1 pound jar) and garlic ($5/pound) for sale.
- Preorder your holiday wreath this year! Starting Friday, November 20th, select from a variety of unique wreaths handmade by Clagett staff. Pick up your order during the Christmas tree sales, every weekend from November 28th to December 20th. Wreaths will be first come first serve and supplies are limited so place your orders early! When we post info about wreaths, we'll also share updates about trees as well.
- End-of-season survey: We'll also be sending out a brief survey soon about what you liked about this year's CSA and what you'd want to see different next year. Keep an eye out for that as well.
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
3 1/4 pounds total combination:
- Sweet potatoes
- Greens (kale, collards, spicy mix, lettuce, arugula)
- Cabbages (while they last)
- Pea shoots (for salad or garnish) from Erik de Gzman, a former Clagett team member who now runs Dicot Farm in Waldorf, MD
- Plus there are some small quantities of other items, including carrots
WHAT'S ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- Spicy mix
- Swiss chard
- (you dig!) Sunchockes. But be warned, it's muddy and it's a pain.
- Culinary Herbs: Sorrel, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, thyme, oregano, anise hyssop, mint, parsley, stevia, marjoram. Cardoons are also available in the herb beds.
- Flowers: As always, any flowers you find and available to pick.
- Medicinal Herbs: holy basil, echinacea, alfalfa, calendula, wormwood, and skullcap
Thank you again. And have a great week!