Good news, District folks--we will be delivering shares to a pick-up site near Dupont Circle on Tuesday evenings.
- Returning members, we are not giving you much time to let us know if you wish to buy a share. It took us a long time to establish the pick-up site, and now it's already time to start selling shares to new members. So please, please send us a quick e-mail right away if you are going to be purchasing a share from us. We don't want to leave you out!
- The new site is in the alley behind 1737 20th Street, NW, Washington DC 20009. Dupont Circle Physicians Group is allowing us to use 2 parking spaces. Thank you Dupont Docs! This new site is even closer to the metro station than our old site. I marked the spot in the image below.
- Unfortunately, we have to shift the pick-up to 6-8pm (last year it was an hour earlier).
View DuPont Pick-up in a larger map
If you are someone who would like to become a new member, you can sign up beginning at 5pm this Tuesday, March 6th, at www.cbf.org/clagettsignup. We will offer shares to the first people who submit their forms. It looks like we'll have about 45 open slots to fill for pick-up from the farm. We don't know how many open slots we'll have at Dupont--right now it's 35, but we expect that to decrease a bit by next week.
It's been years since we've had this many open slots at our Dupont pick-up. Now is your chance, if you want to sign up as a new member!
If you think you won't be near a computer at 5pm on Tuesday, you are welcome to ask a friend to sign up for you. They will need:
- Your name
- Your home address
- A phone number we can use to reach you during business hours if we have a question about your registration
- Your e-mail address
- The number of shares you want to buy (1 or 2)
- Your preferred pick-up site (Clagett Farm on Tuesdays, Clagett Farm on Saturdays, or Dupont Tuesdays)
- If Dupont, choose whether you would like a spot for pick-up at the farm if there isn't space for you at Dupont
- When we ask if you qualify for a reduced-price share, select NO (if you qualify, you should e-mail us today, rather than waiting for Tuesday)
It's a quick, easy process, and we won't ask for payment for several days, so it's not difficult to delegate this job to someone you know who will be sitting next to a computer with a reliable internet connection.
It's going to take a little time to round up the last of our returning members for the Dupont pick-up, so if you are signing up to be a new member at that site, it will probably take us about a week to get back to you. We won't ask you to pay anything until we have confirmed that we have space for you.
Once we ask you to pay, we will allow one week for you to pay on-line or put the check in the mail. We know it takes a little time for the postal service to deliver your check, but don't worry--we're patient.