This photo is from CSA member Steve, who made a salad using his lettuces and strawberries from the share. Have a photo you want to share? Email it to us!
First, a shout out: Thanks to Kristen S. -- a CSA member who came to volunteer at the farm this weekend. Thanks to her and the staff, we got all the tomatoes planted. Thanks Kristen!
Here's what you'll find in this week's CSA Share:
- 1/4 pound garlic scapes
- a choice of 1 pint strawberries OR a 1/2 pound bunch asparagus OR 1/2 pound rhubarb
- 2 1/4 pound total turnips + radishes
- 1/2 pound popcorn ears
- 3/4 pound total basil + brocolli + lettuce + spinach + spicy mix + arugula + Tokyo bekana (a lettuce-like mustard green). When you arrive, you will likely not see all 7 options at once -- we'll be rotating them in throughout the share.
- 1 pound of kale + tendergreens + Southern Giant mustard greens + collards
On U-Pick this week:
If you want to come and u-pick, you can find a map of the fields and locations at the Wash Station when you arrive at the farm, denoting where to find the fields listed below. Here's what's on offer this week.
- Strawberries through the end of Thursday. They will likely go back on U-Pick on Saturday (at least for the remainder of the day Saturday starting at 1 pm. So you're aware, quantities are declining.
- Kale and collards from the D field.
- Lettuce, Spicy Mix, Arugula. See details at the wash station.
- Mulberries are now available across the farm. Learn how to spot them and what to do with them.
- Herbs: Oregano, onion chives (edible flowers), garlic chives, cilantro (a little), sage, sorrel, thyme, lemon balm.
- Any flowers are always fair game.
A preview of next week:
Here's are new items for you can expect in next week's share:
- Baby bok choy
- Possibly zucchini (if not next week, the week after!)
In the meantime, do you have questions? Comments?
Leave them here on the blog!