This photo is from CSA member Rebecca, who took her telescope out to the farm during the Transit of Venus last Tuesday. Her husband held his phone up to the eyepiece and snapped this photo, that shows the sun with clouds floating across, sunspots (black specs), and Venus (small black circle).Thank you for sharing, Rebecca!
So, are you ready for Week 6?
First, in case you missed it last week, the farm is looking for a laminating machine that they can use, along with yard signs that can be repurposed to make new u-pick signs. We also need some volunteers to help place sgns. Get the details on the blog!
And with that, here's what you'll find in this week's CSA Share:
- 1 head fresh garlic
- 3 1/4 pounds combination zucchini + bunching onions
- 1/2 pound total combination tender greens + Tokyo bekana + bok choy + spicy mix
- 2 1/2 pounds combination kohlrabi + kale + turnips
On U-Pick this week:
If you want to come and u-pick, you can find a map of the fields and locations at the Wash Station when you arrive at the farm, denoting where to find the fields listed below. Here's what's on offer this week.
- Kale and collards from the D field. (Lots of both of these still left!)
- Swiss chard
- Radishes (FYI, these are a very long walk away from the wash station.)
- Lettuce (be warned, it's bitter), Spicy Mix, Arugula. See details at the wash station.
- Some mulberries are still left! Here's a reminder of how to spot them and what to do with them.
- Herbs: Basil! Plus Oregano, onion chives, garlic chives, sage, sorrel, thyme, lemon balm, lavender. And there's now a fair amount of cilantro available! And there's dill now, as well.
- Any flowers are always fair game.
A preview of what's to come:
- Sugar snap peas will arrive next week and stick around for about three weeks.
- Next week will be the last of the Chinese cabbage, to be followed by regular cabbage.
- Strawberries are finished for the season.
In the meantime, do you have questions? Comments?
Leave them here on the blog!