Welcome to Week 5!
Here's what you'll find in this week's CSA Share:
- 1 head Chinese cabbage (they each weigh about 6 pounds) OR 3 pounds combination of the following: kholrabi OR turnips OR Swiss chard OR kale OR garlic scapes
- 2 1/4 pounds total of zucchini + bunching onions (aka scallions or green onions)
- 1 pound total of carrots + bok choy
- 1/4 pound total of spicy mix + tender greens + basil
On U-Pick this week:
If you want to come and u-pick, you can find a map of the fields and locations at the Wash Station when you arrive at the farm, denoting where to find the fields listed below. Here's what's on offer this week.
- Strawberries. These will remain on u-pick until they're gone.
- Kale and collards from the D field. (Lots of both of these still left!)
- Swiss chard
- Garlic scapes
- Radishes (FYI, these are a very long walk away from the wash station.)
- Lettuce, Spicy Mix, Arugula. See details at the wash station.
- Plenty of mulberries are still left! Here's a reminder of how to spot them and what to do with them.
- Herbs: Oregano, onion chives, garlic chives, sage, sorrel, thyme, lemon balm, lavender. And there's now a fair amount of cilantro available! And there's dill now, as well.
- Any flowers are always fair game.
A preview of what's to come:
- Next week or the following week, we'll have peas. Those should be around for about three weeks.
- No more garlic scapes. This week is the final share that will include them.
- Next week or the week after, you'll start getting garlic bulbs each week.
- Everything else we're picking right now will still be around next week, too.
In the meantime, do you have questions? Comments?
Leave them here on the blog!