Photo via MDGovPics on Flickr: Lt. Governor participates in the Clagett Farm Day of Service.
Believe it or not, there are only three shares to the end of the season (including this week's share)! As noted over the last few weeks, the last share dates of the season will be Tuesday November 6 and Saturday November 10.
In case you missed it yesterday, we posted details of the Fall Picnic coming up on Saturday, November 3. We hope you can make it!
And with that, here are the details for Week 24 of the CSA:
5 1/2 pound total combination of any of the following, barring the exceptions noted below:
- Turnips (mostly Amber Globe variety)
- Sunchokes (also known as Jerusalem Artichokes). Recipe ideas are noted below.
- Greens (arugula, southern giant, mizuna,and tender greens)
- 1/4 pound maximum combined tatsoi, spicy mix, spinach and Swiss chard
- 3 pound maximum sweet potatoes, purchased from Radix Farm (an organic farm down the street from us), and Lancaster Farm Fresh Coop (an organic farm in Pennsylvania)
Recipe Ideas for Sunchokes
- Pan Roasted Sunchokes
- Roasted Sunchokes with Hazelnut Gremolata
- Sunchoke Soup with Pumpkin Seeds
- Sunchoke Kale Hash
On U-Pick this week:
If you want to come and u-pick, you can find a map of the fields and locations at the Wash Station when you arrive at the farm, denoting where to find the fields listed below. Here's what's on offer this week.
Greens, daikon, celery, herbs (oregano, sorrel, parsley, onion chives, cilantro, stevia, lemongrass, anise hyssop, thyme, lemon balm, sage, garlic chives, mint), flowers (a few left)
- Beef for Sale: It's the time of the year when the farm is making some beef available for sale. If this is of interest to you, you can get all the details at http://clagettgrassfed.wordpress.com/.
Have a great week,