Here's CSA member Carolyn Woods picking greens at the farm. Thanks Carolyn for submitting a photo!
Happy Wednesday! Here's what you'll find in this week's CSA share:
- 1 melon
- 3 pounds potatoes
- 1 3/4 pounds tomatoes + peppers
- 2 1/2 pounds squash + eggplant
- 3/4 pound, combined total: tomatillos, okra, garlic, onions, beans, hot chiles, cucumbers
Note: We do our best to pick only the melons that are ripe and sweet. But we can't be 100% sure without cutting them open. So if you get home and find that your melon is not good, please let us know next week at your pick-up so we can make it up to you.
What's On U-Pick:
- Beans. (We think the beans are a little tough this week.)
- Herbs: parsley, sorrel, mint, lemon balm, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, lavender (no flowers), marjoram, stevia, thyme, Thai basil.
- Husk cherries (also called ground cherries). Pick them when the husk is yellow or brown. The fruit inside should be yellow and sweet.
- Flowers (Gladiolas, zinnias and more)
- Swiss chard
- Tomatillos. Pick them when the fruit fills out the husk. The fruit inside should be green and taste like a tart, unripe tomato.
Recipe Suggestions: Okra!
Not sure what to do with okra? Here are three ideas:
- and for those of you looking for some fried okra: Smashed okra
Have an okra recipe you love? Share it with members by emailing us!
Questions? Comments? Let us know here on the blog!