Clagett cows, soaking up some summer sun. This photo was sent in by CSA member Monette! Snap a photo at the farm, the pick-up, or of something you made with the produce? Email it to us!
We hope you had a great past week and that you're ready for this week's share!
What's in this week's share:
- 1 head garlic
- 1/2 pound total combination Tokyo Bekana + collards + kale + chard + beans + chili peppers + basil
- 1/2 pound total combination fennel + beets + peppers + tomatoes + eggplant
- 4 1/2 pound total combination green cabbage + summer squash + cucumbers + bunching onions
What to expect in future weeks:
What you'll see more of either next week or in the following weeks: chard, beans, peppers, basil, tomatoes, eggplant, green cabbage, summer squash, cucumbers and a bit more beets.
New items coming into the share over the next few weeks: Bulb onions, shallots, potatoes and purple cabbage.
Crops that are ending: Tokyo bekana, fennel, bunching onions.
What's On U-Pick:
- All the greens. Note that the kale and collards have gone bitter in the heat.
- Herbs: parsley, sorrel, mint, lemon balm, sage, onion chives (flowering), garlic chives, lavender (it's flowering), chamomile, dill, stevia and thyme. Basil (in the high tunnel) and Thai Basil.
Questions? Comments? Let us know here on the blog!