CSA member Fred submitted this photo of beans growing on the farm. Thanks Fred!
It's that time of the week!
Here's everything you need to know about this week's CSA share.
What's in the share:
- 1 head garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes
- 3 pounds total: squash + eggplant
- 2 pounds tomatoes
- 1/2 pound sweet peppers
- 1/2 pound total: okra + beans + tomatillos
What's on U-Pick:
- Herbs: parsley, sorrel, mint, lemon balm, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, lavender (no flowers), marjoram, stevia, thyme, Thai basil.
- Husk cherries (also called ground cherries). Pick them when the husk is yellow or brown. The fruit inside should be yellow and sweet.
- Flowers (Gladiolas, zinnias and more)
- Swiss chard
- Tomatillos. Pick them when the fruit fills out the husk. The fruit inside should be green and taste like a tart, unripe tomato.
A Look at What's Ahead
In the next couple weeks, expect to see more watermelon, sweet corn and cucumbers.
Questions? Comments? Let us know here on the blog!