CSA member Rebecca snapped this photo of a butterful while she was picking up her share at the farm. Have you snapped any photos at the pick-up? Email them to us and we'll feature them on the blog!
August is plugging along. Here's what you can expect to find in this week's CSA share:
What's in the share:
- 1 pound total: okra + sweet peppers + beans + garlic
- 2.5 pounds total: eggplant + squash
- 4 pounds tomatoes
- 1 melon
What's on U-Pick:
- Tomatoes! All the tomatoes in C1 Field are fair game. The tomatoes in D Field may be picked Weds - Thurs, and Saturday afternoon - Sunday.
- Herbs: parsley, sorrel, mint, lemon balm, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, lavender (no flowers), marjoram, stevia, thyme, Thai basil.
- Husk cherries (also called ground cherries). Pick them when the husk is yellow or brown. The fruit inside should be yellow and sweet.
- Flowers (Gladiolas, zinnias and more)
- Swiss chard
- Tomatillos. Pick them when the fruit fills out the husk. The fruit inside should be green and taste like a tart, unripe tomato.
Questions? Comments? Let us know here on the blog!