This photo is from CSA member Cindy, featuring peppers from the farm. Thanks Cindy! Submit your own photos when you snap them and we'll feature them here!
Here's this week's share info - and a bonus photo below!
What's in the share:
- 3 ears of corn or 1 melon
- 2.5 pounds total: eggplant + squash
- 5 pounds of tomatoes
- 1 pound total: okra + sweet peppers + beans
- 1 head garlic
What's on U-Pick:
- Tomatoes! All the tomatoes fair game all week.
- Herbs: parsley, sorrel, mint, lemon balm, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, lavender (no flowers), marjoram, stevia, thyme, Thai basil.
- Husk cherries (also called ground cherries). Pick them when the husk is yellow or brown. The fruit inside should be yellow and sweet.
- Flowers (Gladiolas, zinnias and more)
- Swiss chard
- Tomatillos. Pick them when the fruit fills out the husk. The fruit inside should be green and taste like a tart, unripe tomato.
Questions? Comments? Let us know here on the blog! And before we go, here's a bonus photo that was snapped by Holly of a groundhog scurrying around the farm. Thanks Holly!
Have a good week, everyone!