Laura sent us this photo of ground cherries and Mexican Sour Cucumbers! So many of you have been sending in great photos -- thank you and please keep them coming! Submit your own photos when you snap them and we'll feature them here!
Here's this week's share info.
What's in the share:
- 1 pound combination chiles + okra + tomatillos + garlic
- Choice between: 3 pounds potatoes or 3 ears of corn
- 1 3/4 pound combination eggplant + peppers
- 6 pounds tomatoes
What's on U-Pick:
- Tomatoes! All the tomatoes fair game all week.
- Herbs: parsley, sorrel, mint, lemon balm, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, lavender (no flowers), marjoram, stevia, thyme, Thai basil.
- Husk cherries (also called ground cherries). Pick them when the husk is yellow or brown. The fruit inside should be yellow and sweet.
- Flowers (Gladiolas, zinnias and more)
- Swiss chard
- Tomatillos. Pick them when the fruit fills out the husk. The fruit inside should be green and taste like a tart, unripe tomato.
- Chile peppers (we have ancho poblano, black Hungarian jalapeno, Hungarian Hot Wax, Big Jim Anaheim, Joe's Long Cayenne, Chinese Five Color, Maya Red habanero). This week, we have the most poblano, and the least habanero.
- Beans are still on the list, but those that are available are a far walk at the back of the farm.
Questions? Comments? Let us know here on the blog!
Have a good week, everyone!