We're Selling a Pig Roaster! One of your fellow CSA members won a La Caja China pig roaster in a raffle, and has donated it to the farm. We're hoping to sell it and use the money at the farm. Do you or someone you know need a pig roaster? We put together a Craigslist ad that explains exactly what it is. If you're interested, please check it out, share it, or make us an offer! La Caja China Pig Roaster for Sale.
Two More Weeks Left in the Season: After today, we're down to two more shares to go. We wrap up the season November 13 & 16.
Got Spare Perenial Plants or Bulbs? If any members have any perenial plants that they may be dividing, we'd be happy to take some of the divisions. Examples: astor, mums, black eyed susans, lilies, etc.
What's in this week's share:
- 5 3/4 pounds total of the following:
- sunchokes (2 1/2 lb max)
- bok choy (1 lb max)
- lemon grass
What's on U-Pick:
- New: Cardoons
- Greens, including arugula, Ruby streaks and Mizuna and spicy mix (note that greens are sparse, though will be back in the share next week)
- Daikon radish
- Herbs: parsley, sorrel, mint, lemon balm, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, lavender (no flowers), marjoram, stevia, thyme, anise hissop, cilantro, coriander, dill leaf, Mexican sour cucumbers.
- Flowers (Gladiolas, zinnias and more) - sunflowers are beginning to bloom.
- Chile peppers (we have ancho poblano, black Hungarian jalapeno, Hungarian Hot Wax, Big Jim Anaheim, Joe's Long Cayenne, Chinese Five Color, Maya Red habanero). This week, we have the most poblano, and the least habanero.
- Bok choy
Thanks! And have a great week!