This photo of warmer days come sfrom Rebecca. Fly on, butterfly!
The Fall Festival this past weekend was a huge hit, and so much fun. Thanks to everyone who made it out to the farm to celebrate. Did you snap any photos from the Fall Festival? Would you like to share them? If so, please send them to us. We'd love to have them for the blog.
Just a reminder: After this week, three shares to go! We wrap up the season November 13 & 16.
What's in this week's share:
- 2 heads garlic or 10 cloves
- 2 lbs total combination sweet potatoes and regular potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds total combination radishes, turnips, peppers or bok choy
- 1/2 pound total combination eggplant or greens, including arugula + lettuce + spicy mix + ruby streaks + kale + mizuna + lemongrass
What to expect next week:
We'll have sunchokes! Also, it's looking like it may frost this Friday, which means we'll strip the pepper plants. That means today and Saturday may be the final time you see peppers in the share.
What's on U-Pick:
- Greens, including arugula, Ruby streaks and Mizuna
- Daikon radish
- Herbs: parsley, sorrel, mint, lemon balm, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, lavender (no flowers), marjoram, stevia, thyme, Thai basil, anise hissop, cilantro, coriander, dill leaf, Mexican sour cucumbers.
- Flowers (Gladiolas, zinnias and more) - sunflowers are beginning to bloom.
- Chile peppers (we have ancho poblano, black Hungarian jalapeno, Hungarian Hot Wax, Big Jim Anaheim, Joe's Long Cayenne, Chinese Five Color, Maya Red habanero). This week, we have the most poblano, and the least habanero.
- Bok choy
Thanks! And have a great week!