This photo is from CSA member Angela, who snapped some photos at the fall festival. Thanks Angela!
Next week is the last share! We'll have turnips and radishes and and bok choy salad greens and few other items to round out the season.
Gleaning begins Friday the 22nd. You can glean all weekend starting the 22nd. And if you want to come after the 24th, please get in touch with Carrie beforehand by calling the farm.
Need a Turkey For Thanksgiving? Several farms in the area are offering pasture-raised turkeys for the holidays. Two that we've spoken with are Fisher Farms and Ferguson Family Farm. Future Harvest also hosts and online directory of farms in the area offering turkeys. We hope that's helpful information for you turkey eaters.
What's in this week's share:
- 5 3/4 pounds total of the following:
- carrots & beets (1/2 pound max, together)
- greens (1/2 pound maximum) - bok choy, spicy mix, tot soi
What's on U-Pick:
- New: Cardoons
- Greens, including arugula, Ruby streaks and Mizuna and spicy mix (note that greens are sparse, though will be back in the share next week)
- Daikon radish
- Still a lot of healthy herbs in the herb garden, including chives, cilantro, dill, mint, parsley, sage, sorrel, thyme and cardoons.
- Flowers (Gladiolas, zinnias and more) - sunflowers are beginning to bloom.
Thanks! And have a great week!