Things are shaping up nicely at the farm and we can confirm that our first share of the season will take place Wednesday, May 21, and Saturday, May 24. We hope you're as excited as we are!
As it stands now, it looks like the first share will feature spicy mix, radishes, garlic scallions, spinach and a few seedlings. By week two, we expect to add strawberries and lettuce.
As the season kick-off approaches, we've found a few items that we need at the farm. If you happen to have any of these items and want to donate them, we'd greatly appreciate it. They range from the small (office supplies) to the large (have an extra log splitter on hand?). If you have any of these items and are willing to donate them, you can shoot Farmer Carrie an email. If you have other questions or ideas, you can post them on the blog or reply to this message if you're reading this via email.
2014 Clagett Farm Wish List
- binder clips (large ones are most useful)
- 5"x7" index cards
- rubber bands
- markers (dry erase, permanent, etc)
- allergy medicine (Benedryl, Zertec, etc)
- 8.5"x11" paper with one blank side
- calculators (hand-held)
- strings of white Christmas lights
- large, pump thermos for hot drinks
- work gloves
- digging forks (like a pitch fork, but sturdier)
- screws, nails
- drill bits
- tape (all kinds)
- rain gear
- popcorn popper
- cement mixer (we'd like to use it to mix potting soil)
- log splitter
- wood chipper
Thanks all -- see you May 21! In the meantime, please let us know if you have any questions!