This week's featured photo is from CSA member Rebecca who snapped a photo while on a family visit to the farm. Thanks Rebecca! You can submit your photos or post them to Instagram with hashtag #ClagettFarm and we'll feature them here!
There will be a share next week. In past years, we've had a "skip" week around the beginning of July but since this season started late, there will be no skip week this year. The pick-up will happen as usual.
Wednesday is share day, so here's what's in this week's share:
- 1 head of garlic
- 3 1/2 pounds total combination green cabbage + zucchini + cucumbers
- 1 pound total combination turnips + kohlrabi
- 1/2 pound total combination carrots + kale + collards
- 1/2 pound total combination Swiss chard + green onions
What's on U-Pick:
- Herbs: Basil. We have lime basil, anise basil, cinnamon basil, Thai basil, spicy globe basil and holy basil. Plus lots of herbs available for cutting, including anise hissop, mint, marjoram, chamomile (there’s a lot there, and one of you really needs to pick and dry all those flowers for tea), sorrel, sage, garlic chives, onion chives that are blooming, thyme, cilantro, savory, lavender and nigella flowers.
What's coming up in the share:
You can expect a head of garlic every week moving forward. Red cabbage and carrots are coming but are still pretty small, so it may be 2 weeks until we see both of those. A variety of summer squash will be in next week's share, along with more cucumbers and more turnips. Kohlrabi is done for the season. The kale and collards are starting to fade - we don't expect them to last long. Swiss chard is still going strong. Next week, we'll also likely see some more onions (some bunching onions, some sweet onions).
Questions or comments? Let us know!