This week's featured photos is from Instagram user respectusmaximus, who posted this beautiful photo of garlic scapes on Instagram. We love featuring member photos -- email us your photos or post them to Instagram with hashtag #ClagettFarm!
And with that, it's pick-up day. Here's what you need to know about this week's share:
What's in this week's share:
- 5 1/2 pounds zucchini + kohlrabi
- 1 pound total combination Chinese cabbage + collards + bunching onions + kale + Swiss chard
- 1/4 pound basil + carrots + bok choy + mustard greens of various kinds
- 1 pound total combination carrots + turnips + cucumbers + garlic scapes
What's on U-Pick:
- New: Kohlrabi! There's a bunch of it.
- Strawberries -- still on u-pick but they're sparse.
- Mulberries are ripe and still available. Some trees ripen black, others white. You’ll know they’re ripe when they are soft and fall easily from the tree.
- Herbs: new: Basil. We have lime basil, anise basil, cinnamon basil, Thai basil, spicy globe basil and holy basil. Plus lots of herbs available for cutting, including anise hissop, mint, marjoram, chamomile (there’s a lot there, and one of you really needs to pick and dry all those flowers for tea), sorrel, sage, garlic chives, onion chives that are blooming, thyme, cilantro, savory, lavender and nigella flowers.
What's coming up in the share:
Here's a rough idea of what you can expect next week: more kohlrabi, zucchini, turnips, cucumbers, garlic scapes, basil and carrots. No bok choy next week. Things we're keeping an eye on: the greens and green cabbage.
Questions or comments? Let us know!