This week's featured photo is from CSA member Radistan, who made these stuffed peppers using peppers and corn from the share a few weeks ago. Thanks, Radistan! Send us your own photos of what you see at the farm or what you're cooking with your weekly share, or post them to Instagram with hashtag #ClagettFarm. We'll feature them here!
Reminder: Tomato Taste Test Coming 8/21
As announced last week, our Tomato Taste Test will be Thursday August 21st. All the details about the event can be found here. You can reserve your space when you pick up your vegetables. Also you can bring your payment to the event on 8/21 or pay in advance at this week's pick-ups via check or cash. Please come! It's going to be a great event.
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
- 4 pounds total combination melons (1 max - most are honeydew) + eggplant + squash + peppers
- 3/4 pound total combination ground cherries (Dupont only, on U-pick at farm) + hot chile peppers + cucumbers + rhubarb + onions + garlic
- 3 pounds tomatoes
What's on U-Pick:
- New: Ground Cherries.
- Updated: Herbs: onion chives, sage, garlic, savory, thyme, tarragon, lavender (but it's not flowering), parsley (small amount), oregano, sorrel, basil (7 varieties!), stevia, marjoram, anise hissop.
- Medicinal Herbs: Passion flower leaves, echinacea flowers and leaves, wormwood, hissop, and calendula flowers.
- Flowers: this is a really good time to pick a bouquet at the farm.
What You Can Expect in the Coming Weeks:
- Next week you can expect: watermelons, eggplant, fewers squash (but it depends on how our next round fares this week -- may be a lull with more squash the following week), peppers, ground cherries, chiles (also coming to u-pick soon), tomatoes, garlic, baby kale.
- Items we're watching for next week or the following week: Beans, Okra, Corn.
- Items that are done for the season: Cucumbers, Onions.
Questions or comments? Let us know!