This week's featured photo is from this past week's Tomato tasting and dinner at the farm. It was a lovely evening and we plan to share more photos over the next few weeks. Send us your own photos of what you see at the farm or what you're cooking with your weekly share, or post them to Instagram with hashtag #ClagettFarm. We'll feature them here!
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS & RECIPES
Recipe Recommendation: Tomatillos have been on u-pick for a few weeks now. CSA member Robin recently made Tomatillo Salsa and highly recommends this recipe for Roasted Tomatillo and Green Tomato Salsa. Have a recipe to recommend? Email us!
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
- 1 head garlic
- 1/2 pound total combination kale + collards + chiles
- 4 pounds tomatoes
- 3 1/2 pounds total combination peppers + eggplant
- 3 1/4 pounds squash
- at the farm: 1 watermelon
- at Dupont: 1/2 pound combo lettuce + ground cherries + beans
What's on U-Pick:
- New: Tomatoes. The tomatoes are plentiful -- if you want to pick them, we recommend you come this week!
- New: Squash (not a lot, but there are some available for u-pick)
- Ground Cherries.
- Kale. (Only 1 of the beds of kale is available for U-pick. Please be sure to carefully read the directions posted on the sign at the kale beds.)
- Swiss chard.
- Updated: Herbs: onion chives, sage, garlic, savory, thyme, tarragon, lavender (but it's not flowering), parsley (small amount), oregano, sorrel, basil (7 varieties!), stevia, marjoram, anise hissop.
- Medicinal Herbs: Passion flower leaves, echinacea flowers and leaves, wormwood, hissop, and calendula flowers.
- Flowers: this is a really good time to pick a bouquet at the farm.
What You Can Expect in the Coming Weeks:
- Next week you can expect: Okra!
Questions or comments? Let us know!