This week's photo of strawberry fields is from Instagram user ianblackwellrogers. Send us yours or post them to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
Happy 8th Week of the CSA season. We hope you had an excellent holiday weekend.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
No Doubling Shares Today. Due to the size of the harvest, we're not allowing members to double their pick-up this week. We're impressed by the number of you who came out to u-pick this week, and how thoroughly the fields were picked. Unfortunately, that means the share this week will be lighter, so we're not offering double shares today. This is compounded by the very rainy spring which delayed many of our crops, such as beans, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, squash and cucumbers. But we persevere -- onward and upward!
Save the Date: Burgers and Brews is Sunday, September 25th. Last year the Chesapeake Bay Foundation hosted this fun, ticketed event at the farm. More details to come, but mark your calendars!
Send us your photos! Each week, we aim to feature a CSA member's photo in our updates. It can be a photo you snap of the vegetables you receive, a photo of a dish you make with the share (like the one below), or photos from a visit to the farm. There are two ways to get them to us: email us your own photos or post them to Instagram with hashtag #ClagettFarm. We'll feature them here!
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
As noted above, there are no double shares allowed this week. Here's what available:
- 2 garlic bulbs
- 1 pound total combination new potatoes or kohlrabi
- 1 large bell pepper or 1 small cucumber (or 1 flower bunch - Dupont only; Farm pick-up can cut their own flowers - there are lots)
- 1/2 pound total combination leeks, beets, and rhubarb
- 1/4 pound total combination lettuce, Tokyo bekana, basil and chiles
WHAT'S ON U-PICK:
- Herbs (Parsley, sorrel, sage, chives, tarragon, dill, chamomile, oregano, thyme, cilantro, mint, lavender, flowers, basil, savory and more.)
- Flowers There are lots! Come help yourself!
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT WEEK:
- more potatoes
- Tokyo bekana
- Swiss chard
And coming in the next few weeks: tomatoes, beans and squash
That's week 8! Let us know if you have any questions!
~ The Clagett Farm Team