Local Trees and Wreaths Available for Members and Non-Members
Wreaths and trees from Clagett Farm will be on sale starting this weekend. Trees can be purchased at the farm, in front of the barns (Chesapeake Bay Foundation's Clagett Farm, 11904 Old Marlboro Pike, Upper Marlboro MD 20772) from 10am - 2pm on the 4 weekends after Thanksgiving:
Saturdays and Sundays: Nov. 26 - 27, December 3-4, 10-11, 17-18, or by appointment (301-627-4662) any other day.
About the Holiday Trees
- Locally grown, minutes outside D.C.
- Just $40 for any size!
- All sizes available
- Pesticide, herbicide and fertilizer-free (you won't find that from any other tree dealer near you)
- A fun outing for the whole family.
- We can help cut the tree and strap it to your car.
U-Pick trees are Scotch Pine and White Pine, which grow best in our region. Firs are also available as pre-cut trees.
Why Holiday trees? Clagett Farm is a hilly place--not the right spot for a lot of plowing. The hills have been heavily eroded from the years of tobacco farming before our time, which makes them a poor spot for most crops. Holiday trees are a way of keeping the hills covered in vegetation, providing insect and animal habitat, and still making some money.
About Holiday Wreaths
You can now browse our assortment of beautiful, handmade wreaths.
Here's what you need to know:
- Supplies are limited so order ahead, and we will prepare the wreath fresh before you arrive at the pick up date you select
- Please order no later than 9am on the Thursday before your selected pick up date
- Pick up your wreath during Christmas Tree sale weekends
- CSA members have the option of farm or Dupont pick up (please see the message in your email)
- Pay at pick up with cash or check made out to Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- After you place your order you will receive a receipt in your email
- Check this blog for notifications about availability as the sale goes on
More info and more about the wreaths is available at http://goo.gl/forms/IYTGlJbM8a.