This week's photo is from CSA Member Fred, who snapped a bunch of photos at the Fall Festival, including this very stern sign about storytime. You can see more photos on his Flickr page. Have a photo to share? Send us your own photos of what you see at the farm or what you're cooking with your weekly share, or post them to Instagram with hashtag #ClagettFarm. We'll feature them here!
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
When Does the CSA Season End? We've gotten a few questions about when this year's CSA season will end. Right now, we're thinking the final Wednesday pick-up will be November 12 and the final Saturday pick-up will be November 15. We'll keep you posted on that.
Have Some Extra Dishes Around Your House? We're still in need of dishes to be donated for the farm. If you have some, we'd love to have them. More details in this blog post.
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
1 head garlic
1/4 pound total combination spicy mix, arugula and tatsoi
3/4 pound total combination bok choy, kale, collards and beans
1 3/4 pound total combination eggplant, sweet peppers, eggplant, okra, chiles
1 head Chinese cabbage OR 4 pounds combined turnips (purple top, hakurei), radishes (easter egg or Watermelon) and potatoes
What's on U-Pick:
- Kale. Putting a new bed on u-pick.
- Tomatoes: last week to pick ripe and green tomatoes.
- Herbs: onion chives, sage, garlic chives (with edible flowers), savory, thyme, tarragon, lavender (but it's not flowering), parsley (small amount), oregano, sorrel, basil (7 varieties!), stevia, marjoram, anise hyssop.
- Medicinal Herbs: Passion flower leaves, echinacea flowers and leaves, wormwood, hyssop, and calendula flowers.
What You Can Expect in the Coming Weeks:
- Chinese cabbage
- Butternut squash
- More greens
- Sweet potatoes (later this month)
Questions or comments? Let us know!