This week's photo of sunflower filled days of earlier this season is from Instagram user delasoulos. Get your photo featured here by emailing it to us or by using the hashtag #ClagettFarm if you share your photos on Instagram!
Have Access to a Commercial Kitchen? We are looking for a commercial kitchen that we might use for about 8 hours so we can prep some dough and pizza sauce for Burgers and Brews for the Bay. Do you have one you might be able to offer? We would need access to the kitchen one day between October 12th and 17th.
Date Set For Our Final 2015 Share: We've gotten a few questions about the projected final share date of the season. At the moment, our planned last share will be Saturday November 14. We will allow members to glean whatever is left in the fields the following weekend. More to come as the date nears!
BURGERS & BREWS Date change: Because of the possible local impact of Hurricane Joaquin this weekend, the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's Burgers & Brew event has been moved to Sunday, October 18. The event will feature:
- Delicious sliders made from pastured meats by local chefs
- Thirst quenching craft beers or hard apple cider
- Live Blue Grass music
- Hay rides, and more!
Get all the details on Burgers & Brew -- and buy tickets -- by clicking here.
FERMENTING WORKSHOP CANCELLED: Unfortunately our instructor for the Fermenting Class has had to cancel, so we won't be offering the workshop this year.
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
- 1 head garlic
- 5 1/2 pounds total combination winter squash + turnips
- 3/4 pound total combination summer squash + radishes + hot chile peppers + beans
- 3/4 pound greens, including totsoi, Tokyo bekana, collards, kale, spicy mix, bok choy)
WHAT'S ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- Bok choy
- Spicy mix
- Swiss Chard
- Chile peppers
- Culinary Herbs: Sorrel, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, summer savory, thyme, oregano, anise hyssop, mint, parsley, stevia, nasturtium, marjoram, and five types of basil (Thai, spice globe, opal, cinnamon, holy and lime basil)
- Flowers: Check out our 2015 flower guide if you're wondering what you're picking!
- Medicinal Herbs: holy basil, echinacea, alfalfa, calendula, wormwood, and skullcap
Have a great week!