This week's photo is from Instagram user The Scarlett P, of flowers she picked at the farm on a MUCH sunnier day. Send us your own photos of what you see at the farm or what you're cooking with your weekly share, or post them to Instagram with hashtag #ClagettFarm. We'll feature them here!
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
Pizzas for sale at the Farm Pick-Up! More details to share on this, but Rob will be cooking pizzas for CSA members picking up at the farm on 11/5 and 11/8. So look forward to that!
When Does the CSA Season End? We've gotten a few questions about when this year's CSA season will end. Right now, we're thinking the final Wednesday pick-up will be November 12 and the final Saturday pick-up will be November 15. We'll keep you posted.
Have Some Extra Dishes Around Your House? We're still in need of dishes to be donated for the farm. If you have some, we'd love to have them. More details in this blog post.
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
1 pound total combination bok choy, peppers, eggplant, turnips
1/2 pound total combination garlic (both cloves and bulbs), spicy mix, kale, lemongrass, arugula, beans and carrots
choose one of 3 options:
- 2 1/2 pounds potatoes, smaller winter squash (Gold Nugget & small butternut varieties)
- 1 large squash (Pennsylvania Dutch, Crookneck varieties)
- Head of Chinese Cabbage (they weigh an average of 5 pounds)
What's on U-Pick:
- Cardoons. They're available now! Come and get them and experiment! One way to use them is to fry them. Here's a recipe for Golden Fried Cardoons.
- Okra. There's some but not a lot. Bring cutting tools!
- Herbs: onion chives, sage, garlic chives, savory, thyme, tarragon, lavender (but it's not flowering), parsley (small amount), oregano, sorrel, basil (7 varieties!), stevia, marjoram, anise hyssop.
- Medicinal Herbs: Passion flower leaves, echinacea flowers and leaves, wormwood, hyssop, and calendula flowers.
What You Can Expect in the Coming Weeks:
- Sweet potatoes will be dug this week and then cured for another week. You'll probably see them in 2 weeks.
- Broccoli and cabbages are slow coming but we'll get them eventually.
Questions or comments? Let us know!