Today's the day: the first share of our 2014 CSA season! Times, directions, what to bring, etc. is all covered on our 2014 CSA Details page. If you have a question that's not covered there, let us know, we're here to help!
On Wednesday of each week, we'll tell you:
- What's in the share -- most weeks will include the items + the amounts
- What's on u-pick -- this will be included in the updates, but when you go to the farm, always check the board at the wash station first and defer to the board - sometimes there are changes mid-week
- What you can expect in upcoming weeks -- an update on how crops are progressing
Lastly, thanks to those who emailed us photos from the Spring Meet 'n' Greet. We'll be using them here on the blog in the coming weeks. We love to feature member photos here on the blog! If you snap photos at the pick-up or take glamour shots of your veggies after you get them home, send them our way! You can submit them via email.
What's in this week's share:
- 1/2 pound total combination of Spicy mix + arugula + radishes + pre-bagged stinging nettles*
- 1/2 pound total combination garlic scallions (also known as green garlic)
- 3 seedlings -- choices include herbs, kale, strawberries, and others
- Herbs -- we're cutting herbs for Dupont, those who pick-up at the farm are welcome to pick as many herbs as they'd like
- Choice of**:
- 1/2 pound total combination kale and collards
- 1/4 pound spinach
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 pint mushrooms
* Stinging nettles, while delicious, will sting you -- do not touch them directly until they have been cooked or dried.
** We can't guarantee that everyone will all of these choices -- we will spread the choices out through the pick-up time.
What's on U-Pick:
Herbs: anise, hissop, mint, marjoram, chamomile, sorrel, sage, garlic chives, onion chives that are bloooming, thyme, cilantro.
What's coming up in the share:
The strawberries and lettuces are looking good for next week.
Send us Photos!
Are you snap happy with a camera? If you take photos when you're picking up your share or just visiting the farm, please share them with us via email. They don't have to be fancy -- photos snapped on your phone (like the one above from TheBittenWord.com) are a-ok. We love sharing member photos in our weeklyl updates and on our Facebook page.
In the meantime, do you have questions? Comments? We hope you enjoy the first share of the season.