(This photo from CSA member Erika Kranz! If you have a photo you want to submit, you can email them to Clay)
Here are the details on this week's share!
- 1 bunch green onions
- 3/4 pound zucchini
- 1/4 pound combo of lettuce + spicy mix or asparagus. (Your location may have spicy mix or asparagus, depending on where you pick up.)
- 1 head of Chinese cabbage OR 1 pound total of the following (each pick-up site will have at least 3 of these options):
- bok choy (available at both pick-ups)
- swiss chard (available at both pick-ups)
On U-Pick this week:
- Herbs: There is a large variety, including mint, oregano, sorrel, lemon balm, thyme, lavender (it's flowering), sage and others!
- Rhubarb is still available, but the same warning applies: It's a hike to the field. Directions can be found at the wash station.
- Spicy MIx
- Swiss chard
- Strawberries -- You're welcome to take what's there but there aren't very many in the field, maybe 30 pints total.
- There are still plenty of wild mulberries are also growing all over the farm. We suggest putting a sheet underneath the trees and shaking the tree to harvest them! Here are some ideas of what to do with them.
- There is some spinach and lettuce but the quality isn't great. I wouldn't come to the farm just for these items.
- Some wild black raspberries are also starting to appear all over the farm, but they're not as abundant as the mulberries and they are very seedy.
- Flowers: There are a few daisies and some lavender, as well as some yarrow.
A preview of next week.
- Garlic bulbs should be coming next week and they're going to be very strongly flavored.
- Sugar snap peas should be ready for next week, but much more in two weeks.
- The first cucumbers will likely be here next week, maybe in 2 weeks, depending on rain. Do a rain dance! The crops need it.
- More green onions, more cabbage, more lettuce and more zucchini.
- There will be no more asparagus, strawberries or garlic scapes for this season.
Thanks to everyone who has submitted recipes and photos. The first of our member submitted photos appears at the top of this post (thanks Erika!) and we'll be doing a round-up tomorrow that features several member-submitted recipes. You can send recipes or photos to Clay via email at any time!
Questions or comments? Let us know in the comments.