Happy Tuesday! Here's what you'll find in this week's CSA Share:
- 3/4 pound combination of eggplants and carrots
- 2 1/2 pounds combination squash (inc. zucchini and summer squash) and cucumber
- 1/2 pound combination peppers and tomatoes
- 1/2 pound beans OR 1/4 pound peas
- 1/4 pound lettuce OR 1/2 pound basil OR 1 pound combination kale, collards or chard
- 1 head of garlic
- 3/4 pound bulb or bunching onions
On U-Pick this week:
- Herbs: There is a large variety, including lots of basil, mint, oregano, sorrel, lemon balm, thyme, lavender, sage and others.
- Swiss chard, kale and collards. There aren't great quantities of these items but they're available. You can't drive to the field and it will be a muddy walk, but they're available. Wear sturdy shoes!
- Lettuce. It's a bit bitter and it's best to pick it in the a.m.
- Flowers: Any flowers on the farm are yours for picking.
A preview of next week.
Don't expect any bunching onions, peas or lettuce.
Summer squash will continue to roll out. Plus, look for more carrots, garlic, eggplant, peppers and tomatoes!
Depending on how they do in the field, we may have more bulb onions and cabbage.
We'll be offering chard now starting every other week (so there will be no chard next week).
If you have any questions, let me know!