We hope everyone enjoyed the first share of the season. It's been a drizzly few days on the farm but the crops are all doing very well. There are some new items in this week's share and even more new things to come in the following weeks.
Here's what you'll find in this week's CSA Share:
- 2 seedlings
- 1/2 pound loose popcorn kernels. If you missed it, we included directions on how to cook them in last week's blog post.
- 3/4 pound Purple Top and Hakurei turnips + Easter Egg radishes
- 1/2 pound spinach + lettuce + arugula + spicy mix + collards
- 1 1/2 pound kale + chard
- 1 pound garlic scallions
- 1 pint strawberries
- Dupont only: 1 bunch herbs (we'll have oregano, sorrel, sage, lavender, onion chives, garlic chives). If you're picking up at the farm, all these herbs are on u-pick.
- For those who have not yet had asparagus: 1 bunch asparagus
On U-Pick this week:
If you want to come and u-pick, you can find a map of the fields and locations at the Wash Station when you arrive at the farm, denoting where to find the fields listed below. Here's what's on offer this week.
- Strawberries through the end of Saturday. We ask that you limit yourself to 6 quarts (9 pounds).
- Kale and collards from the D field.
- Herbs: Oregano, onion chives (edible flowers), garlic chives, cilantro (a little), sage, sorrel, thyme, lemon balm.
- Any flowers are always fair game.
A preview of next week:
Here's what you can expect in next week's share:
- Garlic scapes
- Lettuce, spinach, arugula, spicy mix, basil
- Turnips and radishes
- Kale, collards
- Asparagus (we'll be ready to offer a second round in small amounts)
- Some seedlings -- we'll be giving away the rest of the seedlings next week
- And coming to u-pick next week: mulberries will be added to the u-pick list next week, as will greens
In the meantime, do you have questions? Comments?
Leave them here on the blog!
Photo above via TheBittenWord.com