(This image via CSA member Krossbow on flickr)
Earlier today we published a new blog post about recipe ideas for chard and zucchini. There's no zucchini in this week's share, but we're sure to see some more very soon. If you need inspiration, check out that post!
And with that, here's what you'll find in Week 11 of the CSA:
- 1 head garlic
- 4 pounds total combination potatoes + eggplant (some cantaloupe will also be available in this category, though they're of questionable quality -- it may not be sweet -- take at your own risk!)
- 3/4 pound total combination onions + peppers + Swiss chard
- 1/2 pound total combination chiles + beans + tomatoes
On U-Pick this week:
If you want to come and u-pick, you can find a map of the fields and locations at the Wash Station when you arrive at the farm, denoting where to find the fields listed below. Here's what's on offer this week.
- Kale from the D field (quality is not great)
- Swiss chard is also on u-pick.
- Green tomatoes are on offer. Pick in moderation (no more than four per person/share, per week).
- Herbs: Basil. Plus Oregano, sorrel, parsley, onion chives, coriander, thyme, lemon balm, sage, garlic chives, dill seed.
- Any flowers are always fair game.
A preview of what's to come:
We'll continue to see more tomatoes come into the share, slowly but surely, over the next few weeks. Also look for more eggplant and peppers, some squash, potatoes and garlic. Okra will be coming soon, as well.
In the meantime, do you have questions? Comments?
Leave them here on the blog!