Hello, Clagett subscribers!
We're all set for today's pick-up. Here's what you'll find in Week 15 of the CSA:
- 1 head garlic. Word of advice, squeeze the garlic when you grab it out of the basket to make sure it’s firm.
- 6 1/4 pounds combination tomatoes + potatoes
- 1 3/4 pounds eggplant + beans + okra + peppers + chiles
On U-Pick this week:
If you want to come and u-pick, you can find a map of the fields and locations at the Wash Station when you arrive at the farm, denoting where to find the fields listed below. Here's what's on offer this week.
- Full-size tomatoes. We picked the fields pretty clean today, so don’t expect to find these in any great quantity, but you're welcome to take what's there.
- Cherry tomatoes.
- Ground cherries. They're sweet and in abundance.
- Celery. The celery is too tough to eat raw, but it's great for cooking.
- Swiss Chard.
- Beans are in two fields as of this week. The ones in B3 are more suitable for shell beans.
- Herbs: Basil (in the high tunnel). Plus Oregano, sorrel, parsley, onion chives, coriander, dill seed, stevia, lemongrass, anise, Mexican sour cucumbers, thyme, lemon balm, sage, garlic chives.
- As always, any flowers are always fair game.
A preview of what's to come:
Next week should be a lot like this week. We have some lettuce coming soon, and we’ll update you on that. For a longer term look, here are a few updates:
- The winter squash is looking great, but the sweet potatoes are looking awful because of the dry weather and the groundhogs.
- The fall greens and roots like radishes, turnips and carrots are looking good. Broccoli and cauliflower perished, unfortunately.
- And cabbages are looking very good.
Enjoy this week's share, and let us know if you have any questions about your produce or how to use it!
Have a great week,