I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday. Here's what you'll find in Week 14 of the CSA:
- 1 head garlic
- 6 1/4 pound total potatoes + tomatoes
- 1 pound total fennel + okra + peppers + chard + squash + beans + chiles + basil
On U-Pick this week:
If you want to come and u-pick, you can find a map of the fields and locations at the Wash Station when you arrive at the farm, denoting where to find the fields listed below. Here's what's on offer this week.
- Full-size tomatoes.
- Cherry tomatoes.
- Ground cherries. They're sweet and in abundance.
- Celery. The celery is too tough to eat raw, but it's great for cooking.
- Swiss Chard.
- Beans are in two fields as of this week.
- Updated: Herbs: Basil (in the high tunnel). Plus Oregano, sorrel, parsley, onion chives, coriander, dill seed, stevia, lemongrass, anise, Mexican sour cucumbers, thyme, lemon balm, sage, garlic chives.
- As always, any flowers are always fair game.
A preview of what's to come:
No eggplant in the share this week but it will be back soon. This should be the beginning of more squash -- so look forward to that. Lots more potatoes to come. We should have an abundance of tomatoes over the next few weeks. Okra will continue to be in the share. Beans will be in the share, but in smaller quantity. This is the only week for fennel -- this was the first time we've grown it on the farm, so it was interesting to see how it performed. Overall, our summer crops have been more unpredictable than normal, due to the heatwaves. We're optimistic for the upcoming weeks!
Enjoy this week's share, and let us know if you have any questions about your produce or how to use it!
Have a great week,