This week's photo is from CSA Member Zach who snapped a photo at last week's pick-up. Get your photo featured here by emailing it to us or by using the hashtag #ClagettFarm if you share your photos on Instagram!
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
RSVP for the Kale Cook Off on June 7: Over the weekend we announced that we'll be holding a kale cook off at the farm on June 7. It's shaping up to be a great even, and we'd love for you to join us! If you plan to come, please help us plan by RSVPing now!
Call for volunteers: We can still use extra hands on the farm if you'd like to help out! More info here.
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
- 1/2 pound total combination kale, collards, spicy mix, arugula + Swiss chard
- 1/4 pound total combination lettuce + spinach
- 1/2 pound total combination turnips, radishes + scapes
- 1 pint strawberries*
- Also, we still have a variety of seedlings. They're first come, first served!
* If you can, please bring something to put your strawberries in -- we're running low on pint baskets!
WHAT'S ON U-PICK:
- Strawberries! Come pick all you want -- any day, any field, as much as you'd like. (Note: We will restrict some fields on Saturday morning while we pick for that day's share. Don't worry; we'll post signs in the fields.) Open to CSA members and workshare members who have worked this week.
- Mulberries: We have lots of mulberry trees on the farm, and a few of them have begun ripening. To spot a ripe tree, look for one with ripe berries that have fallen to the ground beneath it.
- Herbs: Sorrel, sage, cilantro, onion chives, garlic chives, summer savory, thyme, dill, oregano, anise hyssop, mint, parsley, celery leaf, stevia, chamomile, marjoram, lavender and five types of basil (Thai, opal, cinnamon, holy and lime basil)
- Flowers -- if you see flowers, they're yours to pick!
- Stinging Nettle -- growing all over the farm
Here's our best guess about what you can expect in the next couple weeks:
- Chinese Cabbage
Let us know if you have any questions!