- We (still) have Pumpkins! At the farm pick-up, we still have some pumpkins for sale. They are better for carving than for eating (and they are not organic). They were grown by a local farmer named Bill Doepkens grew some beautiful pumpkins, and we have some leftover from this past weekend's event. If you pick up at the farm this week, make a donation at the pick-up and you can take a pumpkin home.
- Honey and Garlic for Sale: At both pick-ups this week, we'll have honey ($10/1 pound jar) and garlic ($5/pound) for sale.
- Two Shares to Go! We're holding our final shares of the season on 11/11 and 11/14. The following week we'll offer gleaning. More details on that to come.
- Christmas Trees and Wreaths Are Coming. Starting the weekend following Thanksgiving, we'll have trees and wreaths for sale. More to come on that very soon!
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
- 4.5 pounds total combination sweet potatoes + garlic
- 1.75 pounds total combination turnips + greens (kale, collards, spicy mix, lettuce, arugula, Swiss chard) + chiles
WHAT'S ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- Swiss chard
- Bok choy
- Culinary Herbs: Sorrel, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, thyme, oregano, anise hyssop, mint, parsley, stevia, marjoram. Cardoons are also available in the herb beds.
- Flowers: As always, any flowers you find and available to pick.
- Medicinal Herbs: holy basil, echinacea, alfalfa, calendula, wormwood, and skullcap
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT WEEK:
We'll have similar amounts of sweet potatoes through the end of the share. More broccoli, cabbage and carrots are growing but we'll see if they make it big enough for last week's harvest. We expect sunchokes in next week's share.
Have a great week!