Farmer Carrie posted this beautiful, buzzy sunflower photo on Instagram. Want to see one of your photos featured in a future email? Send it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
THIS WEEK'S SHARE:
- 1 head GARLIC
- 3 pounds total combination TOMATOES + TOMATILLOS
- 1/2 pound total combination PEPPERS + CHILES + GROUND CHERRIES*
- 1.25 pounds total combination POTATOES + CHARD + CUCUMBERS
- 5.5 pounds SUMMER SQUASH
WHAT'S ON U-PICK:
- basil -- Italian basil is in great abundance for pesto
- flowers -- lots of beautiful blooms right now, especially sunflowers, zinnias, and Tithonia
- herbs -- sage, garlic and onion chives, thyme, oregano, mint, sorrel, cilantro, lavender, basils (Thai, cinnamon, sacred, opal, lime), stevia, lavender, lemongrass
* Ground cherries are little yellow, tomato-like fruits with papery husks. They are also known as husk cherries, cape gooseberries and physalis. This is just the beginning of the ground cherries, so if you don't get them this week, we'll have them many more weeks, and they'll be on the u-pick list soon.
That's it for this week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team