"I caught this little guy running away from me while I was picking basil yesterday," writes Clagett member Chelsea. "Wanted to share since it turned out as a great photo!" We agree, Chelsea! Thanks for sharing it!
Want to see one of your photos featured in a future email? Send it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
THIS WEEK'S SHARE*:
- 1 head garlic
- 5 1/2 pounds squash
- 4 1/2 pounds tomatoes
- 1 1/4 pounds total combintion corn + eggplant
- 1/2 pound total combination pound beans + potatoes
- 1/ 1/4 pounds total combination peppers + cucumbers + chiles + tomatillos
*Note: Saturday shares have been a little larger than Wednesday shares lately because of the way the vegetables have been ripening. So if this Saturday's share is a little different or smaller than the one posted here, don't fret! That's by design, to more evenly distribute the veggies between the two days.
WHAT'S ON U-PICK:
- Swiss chard
- flowers -- lots of beautiful blooms right now
- herbs -- sage, garlic and onion chives, thyme, oregano, mint, sorrel, cilantro, lavender, basils (Thai, cinnamon, sacred, opal, lime), stevia, lavender, lemongrass
WHAT TO EXPECT IN COMING WEEKS:
An update from Farmer Carrie: Both watermelon and corn crops have been planted. Our first round of corn has had a meager showing, but the late succession is looking good. So corn will probably be in 3 weeks if not a few ears sooner. As for melons, the first planting failed but the second one is looking very good. Also in about 3 weeks, I think. But you never know...
That's it for this week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team