Happy Wednesday! Here's this week's share info.
Coming up: Burgers and Brews for the Bay at Clagett Farm! Mark your calendars for Sunday, October 1. Clagett Farm is once against hosting Burgers and Brews for the Bay, with delicious food made from local, pasture-raised meats and dairy and local vegetables, paired with regional craft beers, and prepared by top local chefs. Live music will be provided in the main tent by a bluegrass band and hayrides and other activities will be provided all day long. More info and tickets can be found at CBF.org.
We have two asks of you:
- Buy a ticket, if you're so inclined.
- Tell friends about the event - post it on Facebook, your neighborhood listserv or share it with your favorite burger/beer connoisseur. The best link to share is http://www.cbf.org/events/burgers-and-brews/.
Send Us Your Photos! Want to see one of your photos featured in a future email? Send it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
THIS WEEK'S SHARE:
- 2 heads garlic
- 2 1/2 pounds tomatoes
- 1/2 pound total combination beans + radishes
- 1 1/2 pound total combination peppers + squash
- 1/4 pound total combination kale + spicy mix* + tat soi
*A note on Spicy Mix: It is very spicy this week. We recommend mixing it with other greens pairing it with a sweet or creamy dressing.
WHAT'S ON U-PICK:
- Basil (Genovese, Holy, Opel, Thai, Lime, Cinnamon)
- Garlic Chives
- Malabar Spinach
- Flowers (any flowers you see at the farm are fair game)
RECIPE RECOMMENDATION: ZUCCHINI BUTTER
Struggling for new ideas for zucchini? CSA member Jacob recommends this Zucchini Butter:
If you make it, let us know what you think!
That's it for this week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team