How gorgeous are these radishes?! Thanks very much to CSA member Karla for emailing us this beautiful snapshot.
Want to see one of your photos featured in a future email? Send it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
NEW EVENT THIS SUNDAY:
Monette Bailey is one of the wonderful volunteers who helps manage our Saturday CSA pick-ups, and she also happens to be one of Outdoor Afro DC's organizers. Outdoor Afro is a national organization that gathers African-Americans who want to enjoy fun activities in the outdoors. So of course, we wanted her to bring Outdoor Afro to Clagett Farm!
THIS WEEK'S SHARE:
- 2 heads garlic
- 3 3/4 pounds total combination peppers + cabbage + chiles
- 3 3/4 pounds winter squash
- 1 1/4 pound total combination turnips + radishes + sunchokes*
- 3/4 pound total combination greens + eggplant
*Not sure what to do with sunchokes? Make sure you wash them very thoroughly, and then you can treat them just like fingerling potatoes. No need to peel! Slice them up, toss them in olive oil and salt, and roast them on a baking sheet in the oven until tender (about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees). Or here's a recipe we like for Pan Roasted Sunchokes made on the stovetop.
WHAT'S ON U-PICK:
- Basil (Genovese, Holy, Opel, Thai, Lime, Cinnamon)
- Garlic Chives
- Malabar Spinach
- Flowers (any flowers you see at the farm are fair game)
That's it for this week! Enjoy the share!