Here's a nice photo of Farmer Joe at his recent birthday party on the farm! Thanks to Lewis Tennenbaum for sending this our way. Want to see your photos featured in this weekly email? Just snap a pic -- from the farm, from your CSA share itself, or even a recipe you make with your Clagett produce -- and either email it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
Welcome to the first week of the 2018 season! Need any reminders of how the share pickups work? Here's everything you need to know.
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
- 1/4 pound lettuce + spinach
- 1/4 pound tat soi OR 1 bag stinging nettle
- 1/4 pound total combination spicy mix + arugula + asparagus
- 3 seedling plants
- 1/2 pound garlic scallions
- Not sure what to do with those garlic scallions? Here are some good recipes
- So what about strawberries? We've gotten a handful of questions about the strawberry forecast at the farm. We are sad to say that we had a strong crop of strawberries, but they have been decimated by deer. We have already planted a new field which will produce for next season, and we're working on a fence to protect them. We are as disappointed as you in our lack of strawberries. Onward!
ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
In addition to the vegetables we harvest and deliver for the CSA shares, each week we'll let you know the items that are available for you to pick in unlimited quantities out at the farm. This week that includes: garlic chives, thyme, oregano, sage, sorrel, onion chives (edible flowers), stinging nettle (Be sure to wear gloves, sleeves, pants and closed-toed shoes!).
That's it for the week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team