The flowers are in full bloom at the farm. As always, you can help yourself to as many as you'd like. This pretty shot was taken by @seeding_suns on Instagram.
Want to see your photos featured in this weekly email? Just snap a pic and either email it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
We're still looking for some extra temporary help at the farm.
Two of our staff on the vegetable operation are about to be new parents. To give them a chance to enjoy this new life, we’re looking for a some extra help. We need someone for 32 hours/week, to help weed, harvest, mulch, twine tomatoes, and other tasks. The position lasts 2 months, pays $11.50/hour and starts as soon as we hire.
Maybe you’re thinking of becoming a farmer? Maybe you’d just like to fill a little time while you’re between jobs? Craving some hard work outdoors? This could be the job for you!
To apply, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT'S IN THIS WEEK'S SHARE?
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds squash
- 3/4 pound onions
- 1/2 pound tomatoes (Our yields are where we want them to be yet, so we've bought these tomatoes from nearby Owl's Nest Farm to tide us over)
- 1/2 pound chard + beans OR 1/4 pound peppers + spicy mix
ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- Malabar spinach: Malabar isn't a true spinach, but it acts as a great substitute in the heat of the summer, when spinach does not grow well.
- Lots of herbs: garlic chives, thyme, oregano, sage, sorrel, onion chives, cilantro, dill, basil, celery leaf, parsley, borage (edible flowers)
- Basil: Genovese, Tulsi, Thai, Mrs. Burns Lemon, Round Midnight, Fino Verde.
NOTE: There is a LOT of basil so pesto eaters should start stocking their freezers. There's a field by the wash station with lots of extra basil and flowers.
- Flowers: As always, any flowers on the farm can be picked.
That's it for the week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team