Farmer Carrie snapped this photo last week: "This is our super volunteer, Vince Renard." Thanks for helping harvest so much great produce, Vince!
Want to see your photos featured in this weekly email? Just snap a pic and either email it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
The weather in recent weeks has been really great for all our veggies. The relatively moderate temps and the good mix of rain and sun have been ideal, and the vegetables have really responded. Let's hope it continues!
WHAT'S IN THIS WEEK'S SHARE?
- 1 head garlic
- 3/4 pound peppers
- 5 pounds squash
- 2 pounds tomatoes
- 3/4 pound total combined: eggplant + chiles + okra + tomatillos
ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- Tomatoes: Right now they're mostly Sun Golds. Larger tomatoes will likely be added to the u-pick list in coming weeks.
- Malabar spinach: Malabar isn't a true spinach, but it acts as a great substitute in the heat of the summer, when spinach does not grow well.
- Lots of herbs: garlic chives, thyme, oregano, sage, sorrel, onion chives, garlic chives, cilantro, dill, basil, celery leaf, parsley, lemongrass,
- Basil: Genovese, Tulsi, Thai, Mrs. Burns Lemon, Round Midnight, Fino Verde. There's a field by the wash station with lots of extra basil and flowers.
- Flowers: As always, any flowers on the farm can be picked.
That's it for the week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team