This week's photo is from the Clagett Farm official Facebook page. If you're on Facebook but not following the page, hit that Like button and you'll start seeing more photos from the farm each week.
Want to see your photos featured in this weekly email? Just snap a pic and either email it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
WHAT'S IN THIS WEEK'S SHARE?
- 1 head garlic
- 1/2 pound Asian pears
- Unlimited squash (!)
- 4 pounds tomatoes*
- 1/2 pound combined: peppers + beans + onions + chiles + okra + cukes
*At press time, we're still picking the tomatoes, so the numbers might change a bit by pickup time.
Want some inspiration for what to do with all that squash? Here are a few recipes we love:
- Sautéed Summer Squash with Parsley and Garlic
- Raw Summer Squash Salad with Lemon Citronette
- Summer Squash Lasagna
ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- Lots of herbs: garlic chives, thyme, oregano, sage, sorrel, onion chives, garlic chives, cilantro, dill, basil, celery leaf, parsley, lemongrass,
- Basil: Genovese, Tulsi, Thai, Mrs. Burns Lemon, Round Midnight, Fino Verde. There's a field by the wash station with lots of extra basil and flowers.
- Flowers: As always, any flowers on the farm can be picked.
That's it for the week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team