This beautiful pastoral photo was captured by photographer Edwin Remsberg a few weeks back. We love how it makes Clagett Farm look like something out of a storybook.
Want to see your photos featured in this weekly email? Just snap a pic and either email it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
Burgers & Brews for the Bay: Last week we introduced you to two guys, Doug Wetzel and Chris Amendola, who will be among the chefs creating delectable bites and pairing them with amazing local beers at next month's Burgers & Brews for the Bay. Now we want to introduce you to the six other chefs they'll be joining:
- Brian Wort of the P.A. Bowen Farmstead
- Rasheed Abdurrahaman from Eat & Smile Catering
- Mark Haskell from Friends & Food International, Inc.
- Brian Cieslak and Jeremy Hoffman from Perserve
- Steve Grant from Family Reunion Farmstead & Kitchen
They'll be preparing traditional beef burgers as well as lamb sliders, pizzas, pork sandwiches, vegetarian options and more! And along with the great food and local beers, you can enjoy live bluegrass and tons of fun farm activities.
The event is Oct. 21 at Clagett Farm. Get your tickets now! Proceeds go to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's efforts to defend and protect the Bay.
WHAT'S IN THIS WEEK'S SHARE?
- 1 head garlic
- 3 pounds total combination eggplant + peppers + tomatoes (limit 1 pound tomatoes)
- 1/2 pound total combination radishes + salad greens (including spicy mix, arugula and Tokyo bekana)
- 1/2 pound kale + collards
- 1 1/2 pounds total combination turnips + bok choi
ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- Lots of herbs: basil, thyme, oregano, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, cilantro, basil, celery leaf, parsley, lemongrass, lemon balm
- Limited quantities of tomatoes
- Flowers: As always, any flowers on the farm can be picked.
That's it for the week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team