Photographer Edwin Remsberg spent some time on the farm the other day, and he captured this crazy-cool shot of Clagett worker Alex Outten clearing some brush. Such a great photo!
Want to see your photos featured in this weekly email? Just snap a pic and either email it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
Burgers & Brews for the Bay:
Gertrude's and foraged are two of the hottest, buzziest restaurants in Baltimore right now. Both feature amazing seasonal menus filled with local farm-to-table fare. And the chefs from both those restaurants will be among the seven chefs participating in this year's Burgers & Brews for the Bay event! Join Gertrude's chef Doug Wetzel and foraged's Chris Amendola -- plus five other fantastic local chefs -- for yummy food expertly paired with great regional craft beers.
Along with the grub and brews, there'll be live bluegrass music and lots of fun fall family activities.
The event is Oct. 21 at Clagett Farm. Get your tickets now! Proceeds go to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's efforts to defend and protect the Bay.
WHAT'S IN THIS WEEK'S SHARE?
- 1 head garlic
- 2 1/4 pounds total combination eggplant + peppers
- 1 1/4 pounds total combination kale + tomatoes
- 1/2 pound salad greens
- 3/4 pounds total combination: hakurei turnips + bok choi + collards + chiles
ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- Tomatoes & Tomatillos: We have lots of tomatillos, sun gold cherry tomatoes, some romas, green zebra, garden peach, and a few others for u-pick. We don't have many large slicing tomatoes in the u-pick field, but if you want to can or freeze tomatoes, check out our bin of "culls" (the flawed, reject tomatoes). We always have a lot of those left on the farm after the pick-up is over and we hate to see them go to waste.
- Lots of herbs: thyme, oregano, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, cilantro, basil, celery leaf, parsley, lemongrass, lemon balm
- Basil: Genovese, Tulsi, Thai, Mrs. Burns Lemon, Round Midnight, Fino Verde. There's a field by the wash station with lots of extra basil and flowers.
- Flowers: As always, any flowers on the farm can be picked.
That's it for the week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team