CSA member Mary Edwards emailed us this photo of her recent share. So pretty! Love that patty pan squash. Want to see your photos featured in this weekly email? Just snap a pic and either email it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
WHAT'S IN THIS WEEK'S SHARE?
- 1 head garlic
- 2 pounds tomatoes
- 1 pound cucumbers
- 1 3/4 pounds squash
- 1 pound total combined: eggplant + beans + potatoes
- 1/2 pound spicy mix
- 3/4 pound peppers
- 3/4 pound total combined: chiles + okra + radishes
ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- Tomatoes & Tomatillos: We have lots of tomatillos, sun gold cherry tomatoes, some romas, green zebra, garden peach, and a few others for u-pick. We don't have many large slicing tomatoes in the u-pick field, but if you want to can or freeze tomatoes, check out our bin of "culls" (the flawed, reject tomatoes). We always have a lot of those left on the farm after the pick-up is over and we hate to see them go to waste.
- Lots of herbs: thyme, oregano, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, cilantro, basil, celery leaf, parsley, lemongrass, lemon balm
- Basil: Genovese, Tulsi, Thai, Mrs. Burns Lemon, Round Midnight, Fino Verde. There's a field by the wash station with lots of extra basil and flowers.
- Flowers: As always, any flowers on the farm can be picked.
That's it for the week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team