Farmer Mike's last day with Clagett. He stepped in for a couple of months when Elissa and Jared welcomed baby Teddy into this world. Thanks, Mike, for the hard work and good conversation around the farm. This photo was posted to the Clagett Farm Facebook page. To see more photos and posts from that page, head over there and click the "Follow" button.
Want to see your photos featured in this weekly email? Just snap a pic and either email it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
Keep vampires away! Garlic is for sale at the farm pickup. It's $5 a pound.
Burgers & Brews for the Bay: Seven chef stations. Seven local beers. One awesome bluegrass band. Eight days left to buy your tickets!
The annual Burgers & Brews for the Bay event is coming up fast -- October 21, at Clagett Farm. Don't miss it! Here's the link for tickets and more informtaion.
Proceeds go to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's efforts to defend and protect the Bay.
End-of-the-season: It's that time of year. Counting this week, there are only 5 shares left of the 2018 produce season. The final CSA pickup days will be Nov. 7 and 10.
WHAT'S IN THIS WEEK'S SHARE?
- 1 head garlic
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 1/4 pounds total combination kale + collards + spicy mix + chiles
- 1 winter squash
- 2 pounds total combination peppers + eggplant
- 1 1/2 pounds total combination radishes + bok choi + turnips
ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- Lots of herbs: basil, thyme, oregano, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, cilantro, basil, lemongrass, lemon balm, malabar (a spinach susbtitute), mint
- Flowers: As always, any flowers on the farm can be picked.
That's it for the week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team