This pic of a "caterpillar bouquet" comes to us from CSA member Becca, who writes: "Rainy weather and lack of flowers got you down? Pick a bouquet of caterpillars instead! Black swallowtail caterpillars on dill picked at Clagett, and yes, that is a feral farm child in the blurry background."
Thanks for sharing the great photo, Becca!
Want to see your photos featured in this weekly email? Just snap a pic and either email it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
But what about the brews?
Each of the seven food yummy foods at the festival will be paired with a local beer from the Chesapeake region. Last year's breweries included Troegs and Victory breweries in Pennsylvania; Dominion in Delaware; and Starr Hill, Devil's Backbone and Bold Rock Hard Cider in Virginia. Some of them will be back this year, perhaps along with some new additions to sample!
So come out and enjoy a great afternoon of brews, burgers, bluegrass music and more. It's Sunday, Oct. 21 -- less than 3 weeks away! Buy your tickets today! Proceeds go to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's efforts to defend and protect the Bay.
End-of-the-season: It's hard to believe, but this year's growing season is beginning to draw to a close. The final CSA pickup days will be Nov. 7 and 10.
WHAT'S IN THIS WEEK'S SHARE?
- 1 head garlic
- 3 pounds total combination acorn squash + cabbage (limit 1 head cabbage)
- 2 pounds green tomatoes
- 1/2 pound kale + collards
- 1/2 pounds total combination cucumbers + salad greens (including spicy mix, arugula, Tokyo bekana, and tot soi)
- 2 1/2 pounds total combination peppers + eggplant
- 2 pounds total combination radishes + bok choi + turnips
ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- Lots of herbs: basil, thyme, oregano, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, cilantro, basil, lemongrass, lemon balm
- Flowers: As always, any flowers on the farm can be picked.
That's it for the week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team