Check out this lovely moonrise over the farm, posted on Instagram by elaine_lutz. Beautiful!
Want to see your photos featured in this weekly email? Just snap a pic and either email it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
Sorry about last week's email. Apologies that you didn't get a share email from us last week. We were very short-staffed and managing a large group of volunteers on the farm. We just weren't able to get it out on time. Sorry about that!
Burger & Brews for the Bay was a big success! You can see lots of great photos here. Thanks to everyone who came out to join us at the farm on Oct 21!
Just one more week left in the season. The final pickup days will be next Wednesday, Nov. 7 and next Saturday, Nov. 10.
Gleaning begins Nov. 16. Every year after the end of the official share season, we give CSA members the opportunity to come harvest whatever produce is still available on the farm. During this time, CSA members can come out to the farm any time of day to pick whatever produce is left. More details to come!
Christmas tree and wreath sales will begin on Dec. 1. More details to follow on that as well.
Planning for 2019: We're already thinking about next year! We have already begun our planning for the 2019 CSA season. As a preview, we are looking at adding a Thursday pick-up in Annapolis. Once we have our plans fully baked we'll be sending out emails to everyone to register.
WHAT'S IN THIS WEEK'S SHARE?
- 1/4 pound garlic cloves
- 2 pounds total combination sweet potatoes + carrots
- 2 pounds total combination peppers + eggplant
- 1 pound greens [including arugula and spicy mix, both of which will have a 1/4 pound maximum]
ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- Lots of herbs: basil, thyme, oregano, sage, onion chives, garlic chives, cilantro, basil, lemongrass, lemon balm, malabar (a spinach susbtitute), mint
- Flowers: As always, any flowers on the farm can be picked.
That's it for the week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team